7.31.2013

Last night after work we needed to run some errands at Walmart.

I had to do my frequent run to the restroom. On my way out I passed a teenage girl who looked at me so sheepishly & said "You're really pretty!" It caught me so off guard. I smiled and thanked her. Wow, what a difference that made to my evening. I was tired and feeling haggard after pulling 10 hour days at work so that I can attend Weston's graduation on Friday.  Overall, I am tired & a little worn out from the exhausting months and with the anticipation of a lot of responsibilities coming up. I did not feel pretty. But wow, did that girl boost my mood! Thank heaven the world has sweet people like her to buoy us up!

People are so kind!

2 comments:

  1. That is so nice!! You ARE so pretty! I had a feeling I should thank the man in the subway picking trash up today and I didn't because I thought he would think I was weird! My biggest regret all day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rachel...this melted my heart! I agree with Ashley...you ARE so pretty and that's not just your momma talking! :) I also LOVED Ashley's response...it's a great reminder to us all to open our mouths...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...