4.02.2013

When does that filter kick into gear?

I don't think I ever shared this story.

Right after I came out of the OR from my knee surgery, I was a little groggy and definitely drugged.  I told the nurses I needed to go to the bathroom. They helped me get into the wheelchair and with Weston they wheeled me to the bathroom. The Central Utah Surgical Center is a surgery machine, there were tons of little curtain dividers separating recovering patients all along the wall. The bathroom is in the center & the wall kind of curves around the bathroom and nurse's station.  The nurse opened the bathroom door & we were all hit with a terrible stench. 

"Oh, um, nurse so-&-so, will you please grab the air freshner, she needs to use the restroom."
Weston's face showed that he was pretty grossed out, but that he was glad the nurses were proactive about it.
Then my drug-induced word vomitting began (this is better than normal word vomit w/o narcatic induction).

"WHEW, THAT SMELLS SO BAD! Whoa!"
The nurse: "Don't worry we sent another nurse to go get something to clear out the smell"
By this time all the recovering patient's "support persons" were laughing.

Me: "Oh no, don't worry, (pointing at Weston) I live with him, I am so used to bad smells!"

The whole room was rolling & Wes was as red as a tomato.
Whoops.
I love you, dear!

2 comments:

  1. bahaha! Love it!
    It was lovely to see you guys last weekend!
    We're keeping you in our prayers. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do not even understand how I ended up here, but I assumed this publish used to be great.
    I don't understand who you might be but certainly you are going to a famous blogger if you happen to aren't already.

    Cheers!

    My web page please click the following web site

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...