1.27.2009

This is the place?

Oh my goodness. Talk about waking up on the wrong side of the bread. Getting ready for work/ school was fine, but then the bus decided to zoom past me. So, I had the joy of walking to work. I live south of campus at 400e 600n and my work is up by the MTC/Provo Temple. When I wasn't even a quarter of the way to work I looked down at my hands and I couldn't bend my fingers they were already frozen. My thoughts went to when I played soccer in the snow last year and when I told my mom about it she said, "Rachel, frostbite still exists you know." I wanted to just sit there and cry and turn back knowing my apartment was atleast 4x closer than work. Buuuuut I didn't, I trudged on in my skirt and boots. I was desperately wanting one of the many cars that passed me to just stop and say, "Oh, poor girl, you're in a skirt, can I give you ride?" So, I get to work about 25 minutes later, if my tears wouldn't have frozen on my eyeballs I would've cried. But, I walked in the building and my glasses fogged up from the luke warm air inside. I checked the temperature on weather.com and the feels like temperature is one degree. OH MY GOODNESS! Freakin cold. I don't know if I've ever been in one degree weather before. All I can say is, How did pioneers even live through this, especially the ones with no shoes. I cannot imagine the intense paaain! ouch!

3 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...