1.19.2012

You were almost mine.

Goodbye desk of my dreams.
 

I saw you on KSL this morning & jumped with glee. 
because you are made from real wood, and that is rare, you see.
You were up in the air for just twenty dollars
I brought your price down to ten, because I gave her a call-er.
I am my ma & pa's daughter,
therefore I wouldn't take their first price that they offered.

I had dreams of painting you a beautiful color
Giving you a variety of knobs from Anthropologie's wonder.
I was thrilled at all you had in potential,
I measured the Geo & was sure we could squeeze-al.
 
The lady seemed excited to have her hands clean.
I was ecstatic to have a desk for my sewing machine.
But I have always been told not all good things do happen.
Yet, I hoped that this one might just be an exception.

The fateful text I did recieve,
that lady sold my beautiful desk to some little thief.
They outbid me & could come get it sooner.
I'm trying not to be bitter because I am a hard worker.
She was a little late in telling me the news.
The desk was gone before she informed me & now I have the blues.
However, I guess someone had a few more bucks & a little more time...
so tonight I will not be going to retrieve my find.

Boohoo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...