1.15.2010

How you say...?

Something that bothers me:
it's its
there their they're
were we're
to too or even two
here hear
know no
knew new
whenever I see them used incorrectly it bugs me.
I have to be lenient however, because I will look back on texts where I just wrote it, or even blog posts. BUT, I know that I did it wrong, so I have to remember that when people use them incorrectly, they probably know the difference, they just typoed (or we'll hope).
However, one I cannot EVER figure out is Affect and Effect. You can try to explain it to me, but believe me all the other hundreds of people who have tried to explain it to me, haven't succeeded in me actually understanding... So, don't worry about trying, I just thought I would let you know about my serious issue.
xoxoaffecteffectwhocares

4 comments:

  1. mine is:
    your/you're
    makes me CRINGE when people do it wrong.
    Please read this by Ash Ecks Raz:
    http://ashleykarena.blogspot.com/2009/11/dear-grammar.html
    weird huh?

    i will admit, affect/effect. will NEVER understand. apparantly mom slacked on that with us

    ReplyDelete
  2. Affect: Action has been taken or occured.

    Effect: End result of something.

    That usually helps me. When it doesn't, I usually go with what sounds better. :) Hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha I know exactly how you feel. And I'm an English major, Editing minor and I still get confused about affect/effect. I'm a disgrace!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm the same way, if it makes you feel better. Josh calls me the grammar natzi. lol also your blog looks like little big planet. I love it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...