8.14.2013

Lurve. Totally in lurve.

Yesterday we made an outing to SLC to do some baby errands.

Oh & for Weston to take his national certification exam.
Waiting for results is really hard.
I decided to finagle my work hours & we'd make it a date to celebrate his hard work & finally taking his exam!
We used a gift card my parents had given us for Valentine's Day to Cheesecake Factory! Thanks & yum!
(I love their Skinnilicious Ceasar Salad.)
We also stopped in Taylorsville to buy a Boppy from an ad on KSL.
(I am a germaphobe to make sure it's smoke/pet free home & then reassess that the person looks clean when I buy that stuff! Don't you worry.)
It was very successful.  

We couldn't be in SLC & not stop at the Traverse Mountain Outlets on our way back.
The baby stores there melt my heart.  Hello, Gap Outlet. I wish they had an entire Baby Gap there.
We got her "take home from the hospital outfit." It is the coziest thing you've ever seen. I want to snuggle with it already. I don't have a good picture of it right now, you just may have to see it on her when we actually take her home! I hope it fits her!

I have been dying to share this with you. My mom came into town last weekend for Weston's graduation & brought me a surprise! She had made me a maternity dress that will also be wearable post baby (once I get this tummy flat!) It is so cute & with the scraps of that dress she made a baby dress. OF COURSE! It's amazing. Seriously, it is so cute, & I feel bad, because I just might have given it a way bigger reaction than the dress, which I LOVE also. I just die over anything baby girl.
She also made a matching headband.
My mom makes quality stuff. It is SUCH an adorable dress & seriously I cannot wait to dress her in it. These hand made items from my mom are priceless to me & I know that our little one will treasure them, too.
I might have forced coerced Weston to go inside H&M with me while we were at Fashion Place Mall to just "look" at their baby section.
I've been earning some extra side money that we decided could be spent on baby items, I've just been wanting to get some warm cuddly outfits for our little girl when she comes, all the clothes we have so far are for next summer & so on.
This little onesie is so cute! It is lined with soft jersey knit fabric and the outside is fleece. We loved it!
If this little girl is anything like her mom, she's going to freeze to the bone in the Utah winter...so I'm getting stocked up with warm things to take her outside the house in!
 Again...warm and snuggly.
She owns 2 pairs of fuzzy shoes already.
The brown ones I got from Babies 'R Us a few years ago when we started trying to get pregnant.
The fuzzy white Ugg-like boots we got at H&M last night.
Our baby will not be cold!
Plus they're way too cute to pass up.

This up coming weekend has been on my calendar for months as our GUT THE HOUSE & clean it floor to sealing. Fall cleaning. I've been dying to do it, but really have not had the energy, time, or back pain-freeness.  But I decided, this Saturday is the one. THE cleaning day.

Last night Wes & I were talking about our plan of attack for Saturday & I started going through my craft supplies. I wanted to condense it to 2 plastic drawer sets instead of 3 so that we could use the 3rd one for baby supplies.

I was crocheting something last night & went to grab something out of my craft bins & if you give a moose a muffin....
A half hour later those drawers were all gutted, there was a ginormous trash bag next to my bins full of leftover craft supplies & Weston was 409-ing the heck out of those puppies.

Another half hour later they are our little girls' new dresser & her old one, which was smaller, is now holding random supplies that we've been given through samples & blankets etc.

It felt so good.

While we're on the topic, can I just give my awesome husband a shout-out?
When I haven't been working or on the run, I have been totally sprawled out on the couch. I have had sciatica so bad. Honestly, I think it's a lesson to me to chill out & relax, though. My mom tells me to do that every time we chat.

Anyway, with all of that going on, it's hard to keep a clean house when you're just living in it & not cleaning it as you go. That's where Weston steps up. He has been doing the dishes every night & making dinner every night. & then cleaning up from dinner every night. & making our bed. & vacuuming. And cleaning the bathroom. And hanging up my clothes. Honestly, could I have scored a better support than Weston?
I don't think so.

I tell him all the time how awesome he is. He doesn't believe me that what he does is extraordinary at all. One day, I hope he sees how truly awesome all of that is to me.

I also loves how excited he is in the process. The ultrasound techs, doctors & nurses love Weston. They always comment on how attentive & involved he is & how rare that is.

1 comment:

  1. Such a sweet window into your world, Rachel! I loved seeing the baby clothes, feeling your excitement of the new baby coming and understanding your need to be organized. Thanks for writing your blog as I really enjoy reading about you and Weston and I think you are such a sweet couple and can hardly wait until you come to be near us!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...