4.13.2009

B-Money: Provo's Finest

Last week I was riding on the 830. While waiting at the bus stop at the Wilk this fellow was looking over at me, I gave a polite half smile then looked down at my feet not wanting to talk. When the bus arrived I boarded it and went to the back of the bus. The gentleman followed, the bus also filled up with other people. He was sitting across the aisle from me and flagged me down so I took out the comfort of my headphones as he continues to ask me the time. I told him I didn't have the time...knowing exactly what he wanted, which was everything BUT the time. He moves to the seat behind me and continues to introduce himself and ask my name. He is from Seattle. His stage name is B-Money. Apparently Brian didn't do his career justice. He told me he's riding the bus to the UVU stop. He continued to tell me about his life while asking about mine. He said he raps for a living and will soon be attending UVU (that's debatable). He told me he was on his way to pick up shirts that he produces from his provider. He pulled back his flannel button up to give me a little sneak peak of his red "don't hate" shirt. I asked him what kind of shirts he makes, curious if there was a variety. He informed me they're all the same. Fabulous. This was seriously the most entertaining bus ride of my LIFE. He goes on to tell me that he has over, I can't remember, either 200,000 or 500,000 hits on youtube.com, he's a pretty big deal. He then asks me if I would like to listen to some of his work. I was like, "your rap?" "yeah." "uhhh..." "I have it right here with me." He pulled it out of his pocket and unfolded the paper. He started wrapping about honeybees and some other stuff, love with a girl or something like that. He said he wrote it that day. The lyrics were actually pretty impressive...can't say the same for the delivery though.
My bus stop approached I bid my goodbyes to b-money, he offered to give me a number so I can call him for a free t-shirt and dvd, I declined politely, and told him I'd look him up on Youtube first and then contact him if I liked his stuff. SO GREAT. I finally looked B-Money up today...it was everything I imagined and then some.

19 comments:

  1. HAHAHAHAHA you met B Money???? Hahahahahahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. wait... Rachel.
    You haven't heard about B-Money until NOW! WHAT? HAHAH I LOVE HIM!
    Don't worry, the first time i met him this was our convo:
    B-$: Hey do you wanna go out and get some ice cream?
    Dani: Uhhh, surrrre....
    B-$: ok... well i need your number...
    Dani: *give him my number
    B-$: I'll need your picture to so i know who I'm calling. (takes the picture) yeah, that's a good one.

    Don't worry, he called, i never picked up. Guess I can be a gold digging rappers wife.

    P.S. Landon has a couple of his shirts. You should've bought one, they're amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh yeah. he asked me if i wanted to be in his next music video too.
    yeah. i'm that hot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya right, dani! Dream on!

      Delete
    2. Shut up stupid! dani is cool

      Delete
  4. ahhhahahahahaha i forgot about him! he used to come into paul mitchell all the time to get his hair cut when i was in school. he peddled his cd's and did live performances and we even played his music on our radio a few times. baahahaha glad you had your first encounter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. what the... how have I been in this Provo scene for 2+ yrs now...and haven't heard of this 'legend'

    well i'm glad i got to meet such a hero

    apparently he is as big of a deal as he said

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh man, B-money has been around since I lived in Liberty Square and long before that. good times. good times. isn't provo just grand? i miss it sooo much! RACH I AM COMING BACK IN 6 DAYS! i hope to seee yoooooooooou!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You lead such a richer life than I do! Dang, I'm gettin' old.

    ReplyDelete
  8. bwahahah! ohhh B-Money. I heard about him at work last semester, good times.
    and I love your blog header! It's so darn cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hahaha, this is so sad....he actually thinks people are watching because they think he is good. I think my ears are bleeding a little.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sure if you are aware but B- Money does have a mental disability. The comments I have read here hurt my heart! I try and teach my children about bullying and this is bullying at its finest. He is a good person. I spoke with him today about this posting and it effects him more than you know. Please do the right thing and delete this post.

      Delete
    2. Lisa Marie? Your jealous cuz you cannot rap worth sh.

      Delete
  10. man i love B-Money... the dude is a total p.i.m.p.
    he sold a cd or two to my sisters.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Not sure if you are aware but B- Money does have a mental disability. The comments I have read here hurt my heart! I try and teach my children about bullying and this is bullying at its finest. He is a good person. I spoke with him today about this posting and it effects him more than you know. Please do the right thing and delete this post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shut up!! You're not a doctor,you don't have a p.h.d. in psychology!

      Delete
  12. B scours the internet looking for comments about himself. It wrenches his heart and torments him for literally years on end to find negative allusions to himself. It may be too much to hope in this day and age when people can criticize or tear into anyone they come across with anonymity via the internet, that he can be spared such humiliation. I realize that people have to be cautious around others they don't know. I just want to say that B is one of the most tender hearted people there is. He has a testimony of the gospel and shares it unflinchingly whenever there is an opportunity, and finds great comfort in prayer and in the scriptures. He often has amazing spiritual insights that leave one absolutely breathless. His greatest desire in life is to have the same experiences most people take for granted, and all he or anyone else needs is a kind word and a friendly smile to make it into the next day with relative ease. If you had told him you were married, he would have respected that. If you could delete the comments about the mental disability it would go a long ways towards relieving his anxiety about this posting, as he is so sensitive about people labeling him in that context. He is not immune to sarcasm or allusions and is very intelligent, if not learned. He is one of those people who took on the difficult assignment in the pre-existence of a life time of suffering, and I hope that he will be able to report back to our Saviour positively about most of the people he has met, if not all, as I am convinced that it is part of his mission to invoke compassion and Christlike attributes in others where possible. Thank you for your consideration.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Bee Money is the nicest guy ever. He's got your back, and everybody should be kind to him because he's kind to everybody. Please speak positively about him. He's a great guy and he just wants the best for everybody. Bee Money's family and friends know him better than anybody and loves him. Don't assume things about Bee that you don't know. You just need to get to know him.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am going to press a lawsuit against anyone that slanders me and also the next person that has a slanderous toungue and if this post doesn't get taken down I will sue the person for exploitation see you in court!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...