4.22.2014

Happy Easter!

We woke up on Easter & Ivy was happy as always.
Weston wasn't off work yet, so we played on the bed until he got home & then I gave them their Easter Baskets!









Ivy got some new summer clothes (on discount, we live on a strict budget.) Weston got a $5 movie & Weston got me a giftcard to my new favorite affordable accessories store Charming Charlie. My Grandmother introduced me to it & it's really great.
My parents gave Ivy this adorable stuffed Tigger.
(Remember, we're Disney obsessed.)
& a sweet white sweater to wear through the summer & fall!
My grandmother gave Ivy sweet baby socks (I dont think I could ever have enough socks!) & 2 pairs of sweet little tights!  They're so great!!
We had an amazing picnic with deviled eggs & my grandmother's Rubin Sandwiches!
Ivy loves being outside, so she was especially happy about the picnic!
I love Weston & love being married to him! I also love Ivy & am so blessed to get to be a mother & her mother.
Last year on Easter, which was also Weston's 26th birthday, we told Weston's family that we were pregnant with Ivy. It was a happy day & Easter will probably always bring back those memories & feelings of joy to know she was coming to our family!
Saturday we dyed Easter eggs.
The poor boys didn't get to finish any of their eggs, because I kept thinking the eggs in the dye were mine & kept redying them to make different colors...SO, most of them turned out pink or purple or coral HA

Easter was so much fun.
I have been away from my family on Easter for 7 years.
It was SO fun being back!

We started the morning out by going to church like we do every week.
This week we got a little extra dolled up in Easter dresses!
Ivy got another FANTASTIC 100% Made by Mimi dress.
My mom is the most incredible seamstress. No, really, she is.
She made my wedding dress, my sister's wedding dress, most of our prom dresses, presentation dresses, baptism dresses & Easter dresses every year.
This year Ivy got to feel the love & wear a handmade dress by my mom, too!
This dress is completely to die for.

She smocked it & then hand stitched these adorable little cottontail bunnies on it.
I love the detail of the cute bunny's pom pom tail!
She also hand made the most delicate piping around the little Peter Pan collar.
Really, this dress is phenomenal & I think Ivy was a big fan, too.



Weston & I found these cute little ballet flats for $7 at Old Navy. I went back to buy them later & could not find 3-6 month size...I know Ivy has small feet so I blindly bought the 0-3 mo shoes....the fit her perfectly hahahaha
Her proportions are adorable & hilarious.
Pointing the toe is an obvious necessity for showing off new shoes.
My beautiful mom & baby.

I hope y'all all had a fantastic Easter & that you were able to focus on Him.
I know Christ lived & died for me & you.
Because of His sacrifice, he made it possible for me, you, my family, & yours to be eternal.
I am so happy to know that even when we die on this earth that we will still live forever. I also know that if we live in accordance to His will, we will be able to live with God & Jesus Christ again as well.
Please watch this beautiful video #becauseofHim
Weston & I shared it with our Sunday School class on Easter Sunday & I think those kids felt the spirit of it as much as we did.
I love Jesus Christ & am doing my best to be close to Him & to make him proud.

Happy Easter!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...