6.19.2014

This is how we Disney! (WIth a 6 month old.)

Okay, Disney World with a 6 month old.
Think we're crazy?
Maybe we are.

We are die hard Disney-ers around here, though.
I was a little nervous...but
it was AWESOME.
We prepared a lot for it & I did everything I could think of before we left on our trip to prep & plan out everything for us to tote in our backpack.
Also, somehow, I was given a pretty chill baby, so I'm definitely not taking all credit for our really smooth day.
Day 1 my uncle got us in & we went to Hollywood Studios.
We packed the stroller & pretty much every "just in case" item you can think of.

Day 2 we perfected our strategy.
We went to the Magic Kingdom & we did not bring the stroller. We only brought our Ergobaby Performance Carrier.
Have I told you that is my top favorite thing of all time?
The stroller was a nuisance on day 1, so we left it & a few items off of our Day 2 trip.
Most of our time was spent waiting in line & unless you have a special needs child, no strollers are allowed in ANY line. So we pretty much spent an unnecessary amount of time finding a place to park our stroller and then hunting it down before & after every ride. & we rarely used it. & it's hard to maneuver a stroller through the thick crowds of people.
NUISANCE.
Luckily, my baby is at the carrying age & size, still. So, it wasn't too bad toting her around most the day.
I did most of the baby carrying & Weston was a winner & carried our backpack & anything I randomly handed him a lot of the day.  While waiting in those crazy long lines, if she wasn't napping, we'd take her out of the carrier & everyone would get their turn playing with her.
She was renamed "Disney Baby." She didn't shed a single tear, seriously guys, she's the real deal.
 Disney baby made the experience so much better. Oh, & my family is all really obsessed with her & so there were a gazillion hands willing to help us if we needed any extra hands, that is a huge plus.

What I packed into the park:
1 burp cloth
1 bib
A few jars of baby food (all the eateries have plastic spoons)
A lot of bottles with dry formula in them (I'm pro nursing, but long story short, it didn't work out with us, and so there's the perk of non-breastfeeding right there)
Water Bottles
Wipes
Diapers
Changing pad
Pacifier & pacifier clip
Sun hat for baby

That's all we brought & we didn't need a thing more than that. I had been toting around a lot of extra stuff on Day 1 that I'm so happy I didn't bring the second day. I realized that she was so excited about everything around us, she didn't need toys.  I never pulled out the bib or burp cloth, but those could be handy. My Grandmother had also gotten us a clip on stroller fan that would have been fantastic, but I forgot to pack it on the trip!

When it got really hot we tried to go on the air conditioned rides, we also gave her water & put cool wet paper towels on her forehead & neck to help her cool down. She came home from the trip pretty chunky per her norm, but it's because I probably fed her too many bottles, because she didn't nap much while we were out. She was so happy the whole time, though.  She slept on my chest through parts of the day & got home really late, but she was a complete trooper. I needed to write this stuff down so I remember for future big trips like this that when I'm going into the park, the basics is all that we really need!

We had such a good time!

I'll write about our awesome trip later!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...