6.29.2014


I promise I'm still living!
Life has been exciting and OH SO BUSY!

My brother got home from his mission in Mexico.
My entire family was together & we are now +2 members from the last 2.5 yrs ago that we were all together!
My sister & brother-in-law are having a baby & I am over the moon excited!
Ivy turned 7 months old.
We went to Disney World where my dad's work conference was this year (How awesome is he & my mom for inviting & bringing the entire family (minus sister & bro-in-law)?)
My amazing Aunt Julie & cousin Dallin came for a visit. Oh my goodness, it was too short. I love spending time with them. All holidays and breaks from school were spent with them throughout my whole life. I adore that family. (My cousin Kristin, who's my bff is due to have a baby the same day as my sister. How fun is that?)
My mom & brother took off to drive cross-country to get him out to Utah for school at BYU & working.
My dad is with them.
I threw a baby shower for my BFF since childhood.

Basically, it's been a whirlwind MONTH. I'm not kidding, my brother has been home from his mission for a MONTH.

I have been so tired with all of it going on, it was a fun & busy month & oh my goodness I enjoyed (almost) every second of it!  Where did June go?

Also, my birthday week has begun. Hallelujah! I love birthday time!  Something just about holidays that make everything seem so much more exciting. Plus, now I get to dress up a baby holiday themed...that's really fun, too.

Also, just to tell you how checked out I've been that the fourth of July is THIS FRIDAY.
I could not figure out why so many men were wearing patriotic ties today. I honestly could not figure it out. Then I realized the fourth of July is before next Sunday. And then I got a little sad that I hadn't thought about that. Then I got over it & had chocolate chip pancakes created by the master (my 17 year old brother) & then Weston, Ivy & I all took a fantastic nap.

SO that was my May 29-June 29.
Now, I want another nap.

BUT, my dear husband and brother are dissembling and reassembling beds for me right now. We don't normally do this because on Sundays we rest. We respect the Sabbath day by resting from work and worries.

We are living with my parents & I've been using one of their beds, but my back has been getting aches & pains, so, before Chase & Weston were gone all week I asked if they could just switch it out with our bed, real quick. HAH. Who knew it would take nearly th
e entire day. I felt so bad.  But that's tonight & they'll both sleep well tomorrow, right? I had no idea my parents' bed (that my dad built more than 25 yrs ago) was so intricate. Whew!

This is the amazing Rifle Paper Company customizable sign my mom has.
It is so pretty.
I put out envelopes for everyone to write on.
I saw this at a shower & absolutely loved the idea.
One of the most tedious parts of having a shower thrown for you is hunting down everyone's addresses together! So they're already addressed & ready to go.
I made this garland.

My mom bought these spoons on Amazon & I stamped on them & added the little twine bows. They are probably my favorite detail of the shower!
This is the only game we played at the shower & it is always an easy crowd pleaser. Unless the pregnant lady looks like I did at 9 months. It might hurt their feelings.

I made these little cup labels, too.

My mom got the stuff to make these adorable little party favors & her, my grandmother, & my aunt cranked them out sweat-shop style.

Me, Jenna (Baby Mama) & Tonya, an awesome high school friend!
This was the only picture I took at the shower. Whoops.

It was a huge success! The food was a yogurt bar & my grandmother brought TONS of strawberries. Seriously, gues enough for an army. Jenna's mom also brought pound cake, whipped cream, & blueberries. I got both vanilla regular yogurt & greek yogurt! Both were great!
It was so much fun & Jenna is such a good friend & actually was in town from Houston where her & her hubby live! I'll write more about my June later!
Enjoy your summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...